Thursday, January 03, 2008

Snow and new shoes!

So I eventually decided if I am running trails all the time I should get some more appropriate shoes. I have had a range of shoes over the last years mostly Saucony Grids and Brooks Adrenalines. My latest pair of brooks and now starting to fade so maybe father Christmas should get me a present.
I have friends with Innovat-8 shoes and i was really looking for these but it is difficult to find a Brighton supplier. i wanted to try the shoes on obviously rather than just trust to luck from the Internet.
I decided to go to my usual shop RUN but they were shut. I eventually rocked up to the Jog Shop and was presented with the usually array. After several runs down the street I picked the pair which not only seemed best compromise in cushion and grip but also had a load of other features.



So the New Balance Rx 1441 has an aggressive cleat and a host of features including a zipp in-able gaiter.
I thought I would test them today but was not quite expecting the snow!



I must say I felt like I had four wheel drive on, the grip was great with the shoes very comfortable. Downhills on harder paths were a bit jarring but this may just be because this was about 7-8 miles in and I am still not 100% fit.
The confidence in the snow was great and they gave me lots of freedom to run downhill at a good pace ( most people who run with me know I love downhills, hate uphills and run very slowly)

Details of the run follows :)

Blogged with Flock

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:18 pm  
Blogger David said...

It's amazing that they come straight out of the box with that much mud on! Perfect for any European jaunt you may have been contemplating! And it's true that you are the King of the downhills!

11:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home